Monday 26 October 2009

Raving Ravioli

If there is one meal I love, it’s ravioli. There are few things that can top it in my mind. But on Saturday nights I like to add a bit of excitement to my evening meal, so last weekend I added a dash of hash to the meal. And the results were brilliant. Here is the recipe I used for my delicious concoction…

Ingredients

250 ml of peeled, diced tomatoes
1 medium-sized onion
250ml finely diced mushrooms
2 tsp crushed garlic
250ml chopped spinach
75ml low fat cottage cheese
180ml mashed tofu
2 tbsp finely chopped basil
A handful of marijuana
ground black pepper
salt
48 Eggless pot-sticker skins


Chop the onion and roast it in the oven until soft. Mix the roasted onions, tomatoes, garlic, marijuana and mushrooms together, and cook in a saucepan on a medium heat until the liquid evaporates. Leave to cool.

Once cooled, mix together with the spinach, basil, tofu and cottage cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Lay out the pot-sticker skins on a try, and moisten the edges with a pastry brush. Into each pot, pour a tsp of the mixture into the centre, and cover with another skin. Press the edges together with the tips of a fork.

Bring water to the boil in a pot, and cook the ravioli until the skin is al dente.

Sprinkle some fresh herbs and even a few marijuana seeds on the top for extra flavour.

Bon appetite!

No comments: